EBO Application 2022
EBO 2022 Exam Announcement:
In 2022, the EBO will be running 2 online-only examinations for those seeking to achieve the European Board of Ophthalmology Diploma:
- On Friday May 6th 2022- Applications open on October 1st and close on December 1st 2021
- On Friday 30th September 2022- Applications open on February 1st and close on April 1st 2022
For online exams, a remote-proctoring system will be used (a third party service that will monitor candidates taking exams through their devices). Applicants should be sure that their device and broadband will be capable of taking an examination online. Most modern laptops (Windows 10 or Apple Mac) should be adequate, but we will provide a test so that you can check
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE APPLYING FOR EITHER EXAM
- Please note there is a limited capacity of places for the EBO Exam. Therefore, in the event of high demand a ‘first come first served’ policy will be implemented. So it is in your interest to submit your application urgently.
- Please ensure you read the examination eligibility criteria in advance of completing your application – http://www.ebo-online.org/ebo-exam/eligibility-to-sit-exam/ If you are still unsure about your eligibility please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting an application.
- Please select the application link according to your qualification status (Specialist/Resident)
Specialist applicants – must be a Specialist at the time of application. Resident applicants – must have begun the final year of residency at the time of the EBO examination. http://www.ebo-online.org/ebo-exam/eligibility-to-sit-exam/
- German Specialists are required to send a copy of their Specialist certification to email@example.com immediately after applying
- French Specialists are required to send a copy of their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately after applying
- All Residents are required to send an approval letter from their programme chair/ Head of department by email to email@example.com immediately after applying. Resident applications are not complete without this letter, please have it ready before applying online. Please see sample of an approval letter Approval Letter Sample
- Please note you will be required to upload your photo during the application process. Applications are not complete without this photo so please ensure you have it ready before applying online. Photo should be head and shoulders passport style in Jpeg format.
- Please note it is very important to respond to all email correspondence regarding the exam without delay. In the event of delayed responses, we may be forced to cancel your application.
- The fee to sit the 2022 EBO Online exams is €500 and is non-refundable and non-transferable. Please ensure that you are eligible and available to sit the 2022 EBO Online Exam before applying, as no refunds/transfers will be processed.
- The EBO 2022 exam is published in English only. Please ensure that your understanding of English is at an acceptable level to sit this exam as no alternatives are available.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE:
May Exam – December 1st 2021
September Exam- April 1st
APPLICATIONS FOR MAY 2022 EBO Online Exam are now Open: