PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE APPLYING TO EXAMINE AT THE EBO EXAM
How to become an examiner for the EBO Diploma Exam
We have updated the criteria to become an EBO Diploma examiner in 2024 so please read this page carefully.
All EBO Diploma examiners need to comply with the following:
– Being fluent in English
– Specialist qualification in Ophthalmology and having completed training in one EBO member state or EBO associated member state
– Minimum 3 years clinical experience after completing specialist training
– Teaching or examining experience in your home country
Additionally, the following requirements are desirable but not mandatory:
– Being able to examine in other European languages
– Being able to examine in more than one topic
In order to apply for the May 2024 exam in Paris, all examiners need to fill an application form. New examiners need to submit a copy of their specialist diploma together with 3 questions (2 CC and 1 MCQ/SBA. Existing examiners need to submit one question. All applicants need to be reviewed and approved by their respective National Delegates.
Examiner Applications will be sent to Country National Delegates to review once the required number of examiner applications has been reached. All examiners will be notified of the outcome of this review
Subscribe to our updates & instant alerts | Enter email below