Instructions to Course Directors & Faculty Members
The EBO accredited courses are expected to be held under the umbrella of a “European” or “National” society, which society must organise one annual meeting accessible to residents. The meeting must be in due order with EUACME.
The application form can be downloaded from the downloads section.
- is responsible for the quality and educational value of the course programme
- contacts the faculty members according to their specific expertise
- defines the course outline in collaboration with the faculty
- instructs the faculty about the didactic merits of the course
- sets up, after the course, some MCQs in collaboration with the faculty
- sends the MCQ form to the chair of the EBO Education Committee (see attachment)
- The length of a course can be 1, 2, 3 or 4 hours or more. Two or more courses on different topics within the field of the same subspecialty can be organised on the same day.
- The course outline should properly describe the course content.
- A short description of the course aims and what the attendee should acquire in knowledge should be specified.
- The course lay-out should present a progressively increased level of difficulty (from basic to advanced).
Instructions to the faculty
The aim of EBO accredited courses is to provide the residents:
- updated illustrations of the syllabus of ophthalmology
- the possibility to meet with European experts in the different fields of ophthalmology subspecialties
- the possibility to learn about the specific clinical attitude per subspecialty
- Illustrations – clinical cases – videos
- It is not the intention to provide a book-based theoretical overview of the subject covered!!
- The cases should be representative and cover easy to difficult cases.
- No mock exam will be conducted.
- The level of knowledge of the audience can be assessed in a subtle way by means of interactive discussions.
MCQ database and viva voce clinical cases
- After the course, the faculty is asked to discuss and prepare MCQs suitable for the EBO MCQ database.
This will allow to continuously refresh the database of questions.
- The clinical cases used to illustrate the course will be collected in order to set up a database of examples suitable for the viva voce.