EBO Application 2024
EBO 2024 Exam Announcement:
In 2024, the EBO will be running 2 examinations for those seeking to achieve the European Board of Ophthalmology Diploma:
-Spring exam in person in Paris on May 3rd 2024 (Limited seats available for in-person exam, please apply early to avoid disappointment)
-Autumn exam online on October 18th 2024
Spring Exam in person: Applications will open on October 16th 2023 and close once capacity has been reached or on December 15th 2023 at 18.00 CET, whichever comes first
Autumn Exam online: Applications will open on March 8th 2024 and close on May 10th 2024
Please ensure that you apply on-time, late application requests will not be considered
For online exams, a remote-proctoring system will be used (a third party service that will monitor candidates taking exams through their devices). Applicants should be sure that their device and broadband will be capable of taking an examination online. Most modern laptops (Windows 10 or Apple Mac) should be adequate, but we will provide a test so that you can check
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE APPLYING FOR EITHER EXAM
- Please note there is a limited capacity of places for the EBO Exam. Therefore, in the event of high demand a ‘first come first served’ policy will be implemented. So it is in your interest to submit your application urgently.
- Please ensure you read the examination eligibility criteria in advance of completing your application – http://www.ebo-online.org/ebo-exam/eligibility-to-sit-exam/ If you are still unsure about your eligibility please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting an application.
- Please select the application link according to your qualification status (Specialist/Resident)
Specialist applicants – must be a Specialist at the time of application. Resident applicants – must have begun the final year of residency at the time of the EBO examination. http://www.ebo-online.org/ebo-exam/eligibility-to-sit-exam/
- German Specialists are required to upload a copy of their Specialist certification during the application stage, please have it ready before applying
- French Specialists are required to upload a copy of their CV during the application stage, please have it ready before applying
- All Residents are required to upload an approval letter from their programme chair/ Head of department during the application stage. Resident applications are not complete without this letter, please have it ready before applying online. Please see sample of an approval letter Approval Letter Sample
- Please note you will be required to upload your photo during the application process. Applications are not complete without this photo so please ensure you have it ready before applying online. Photo should be head and shoulders passport style in Jpeg format.
- Residents from EBO accredited centres will have a reduced exam fee of €450, accredited centres are listed on the resident application form
- Please note it is very important to respond to all email correspondence regarding the exam without delay. In the event of delayed responses, we may be forced to cancel your application.
- The fee to sit the 2024 EBO exams is €500 and is non-refundable and non-transferable. Please ensure that you are eligible and available to sit the 2024 EBO Online Exam before applying, as no refunds/transfers will be processed.
- The EBO 2024 exam is published in English only. Please ensure that your understanding of English is at an acceptable level to sit this exam as no alternatives are available.
Spring Exam: May 3rd 2024 In person in Paris Exam Application:
Paris onsite: MCQ on tablets, VV face to face with 2 examiners using English language.
Applications Open October 16th 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE: once capacity has been reached or on December 15th 2023 at 18.00 CET, whichever comes first
Autumn Exam: October 18th 2024 Online Exam Application:
Electronic Autumn exam: MCQ and CC at home on the computer of the candidate, English language
Applications will open on March 8th 2024
May 10th 2024