Pre Application Information
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE APPLYING FOR THE EBOD EXAM
- Please ensure you read the examination eligibility criteria in advance of completing your application – If you are still unsure about your eligibility or have any queries regarding your application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting an application form.
- Please note there is a limited capacity of places for the EBO Exam. Therefore in the event of high demand a ‘first come first served’ policy will be imposed. So it is in your interest to submit your application urgently. NO applications will be accepted after the 15th December.
- Please note you will be required to upload your photo during the application process. Applications are not complete without this photo so please ensure you have it ready before applying online. Photo should be head and shoulders passport style in Jpeg format.
- Please note it is very important to respond to all email correspondence regarding the exam without delay. In the event of delayed response we may be forced to cancel your application
- Please select the application link below according to your current qualification status AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION, NOT expected qualification status at the time of the EBO examination.
- SPECIALIST APPLICATION – A specialist is already certified as an ophthalmologist (at the time of applying for the exam and as per eligibility criteria below)
- RESIDENT APPLICATION – A resident is currently in training (at the time of applying for the exam and as per eligibility criteria below)
All residents must inform their Programme Chair/Head of department of their intention to apply for the EBO examination and that as part of this process the programme chair/head of department will be obliged to carry out the necessary online eligibility approval process. The EBO exam office will contact your Programme Chair directly regarding this process. It is very important to provide correct and full contact details for your Programme Chair. Failure to do so may jeopardise your application to sit the exam.
- All applying candidates must be qualified to practice in / be training to qualify in one of the following countries (PLEASE NOTE: If your country is not on the list you will not be eligible to apply):
|European countries eligible to sit the EBO exam:
Switzerland (see section below)
Please ensure you read the examination eligibility criteria in advance of completing your application
Applicants (Residents) from Switzerland
Applicants (Residents) from Switzerland must apply through the Swiss Society of Ophthalmology and NOT through EBO – Please see application links below: