EBO Application 2021
EBO 2021 Exam Announcement:
In 2021, the EBO will be running 2 online-only examinations for those seeking to achieve the European Board of Ophthalmology Diploma:
- On June 4th, an exam for those who had to postpone their 2020 exam due to the coronavirus pandemic and those on the 2020 wait list. This exam will only be open to these candidates. All candidates have been contacted directly regarding this exam. If you had to postpone your exam from last year or were on the wait list, and have not received this email, please urgently contact firstname.lastname@example.org PLEASE NOTE: The June exam is ONLY available to candidates previously accepted to sit the 2020 exams.
- On November 19th, 2021 there will be an online examination for new 2021 applicants. Applications for this exam are now open on this page. Deadline for applications for the November Exam is May 19th 2021.
For online exams, a remote-proctoring system will be used (a third party service that will monitor candidates taking exams through their devices). Applicants should be sure that their device and broadband will be capable of taking an examination online. Most modern laptops (Windows 10 or Apple Mac) should be adequate, but we will provide a test so that you can check
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE APPLYING FOR THE NOVEMBER EXAM
- Please note there is a limited capacity of places for the EBO Exam. Therefore, in the event of high demand a ‘first come first served’ policy will be implemented. So it is in your interest to submit your application urgently.
- Please ensure you read the examination eligibility criteria in advance of completing your application – http://www.ebo-online.org/ebo-exam/eligibility-to-sit-exam/ If you are still unsure about your eligibility please contact email@example.com before submitting an application.
- Please select the application link according to your qualification status (Specialist/Resident)
Specialist applicants – must be a Specialist at the time of application. Resident applicants – must have begun the final year of residency at the time of the EBO examination. http://www.ebo-online.org/ebo-exam/eligibility-to-sit-exam/
- Residents are required to send an approval letter from their programme chair/ Head of department by email to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately after applying. Resident applications are not complete without this letter, please have it ready before applying online. Please see sample of an approval letter Approval Letter Sample
- Please note you will be required to upload your photo during the application process. Applications are not complete without this photo so please ensure you have it ready before applying online. Photo should be head and shoulders passport style in Jpeg format.
- Please note it is very important to respond to all email correspondence regarding the exam without delay. In the event of delayed responses, we may be forced to cancel your application.
- The fee to sit the 2021 November EBO Online exam is €500 and is non-refundable and non-transferable. Please ensure that you are eligible and available to sit the 2021 EBO Online Exam before applying, as no refunds/transfers will be processed.
- The EBO 2021 MCQ exam is published in English only. Please ensure that your understanding of English is at an acceptable level to sit this exam as no alternatives are available.
- DEADLINE: May 19th 2021
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
Please select the application link according to your qualification status (Specialist/Resident)
Apply as a Specialist
Specialist applicants – must be a Specialist at the time of application
Apply as a Resident
Resident applicants – must have begun the final year of residency at the time of the EBO examination