The mission of the Board is to provide a driving force for developing European ophthalmology.
The Board consists of two National Delegates nominated by the National Ophthalmological Societies of the European Union, Norway and Switzerland. One delegate represents academic ophthalmology and one represents the professional practitioners not members of an academic department. One of the two shall be a delegate also in the UEMS Section of Ophthalmology. In addition, one Associated Member is invited from each country that negotiates for membership in the Union. Delegates are chosen for a four year term. One additional four-year term is permitted.
The duties of the Council include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
• Establishing and terminating Committees
• Electing the Executive Committee
• Nominating or Electing Committee Chairpersons, Vice-Chairpersons and Secretaries
• Discussing conflicting situations, national rules and regulations, and making recommendations
• Approving the budget
• Hearing appeals regarding recognition of training institutions
Subscribe to our updates & instant alerts | Enter email below